[Insight-users] redistribution questions

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Aug 6 13:28:40 EDT 2007

Hi Qing,

Yes, I'm suggesting that you should include all of ITK with your project.

It will be rather difficult to extract only the classes that you are using,
although it is not impossible.

You should ask yourself, what is the purpose of adding to your project
the code from ITK ?

Why not just say that you distribute the code, and that it should be
build using ITK version X.Y. ?

Keep in mind that we make ITK releases every three monts,
so, by extracting code from ITK you will also face the challenge
of updating your version of the code to new releases of ITK.

This may o may not be a problem, depending on who are
the recipients of the code that you are delivering, and how
you are going to maintain that code for the next five to
ten years.