[Insight-users] Can't instantiate writer and reader object

"Marco Körner" MarcoKoerner at gmx.de
Tue Aug 7 05:20:33 EDT 2007

> > > Are you accessing files from a remote directory? To me it
> > looks like
> > > the problem is at a lower level than ITK.
> >
> > No, I don't. I found out that the error message is defined in
> > Utilities/gdcm/srcgdcmUtil.cxx (line 844), but i couldn't
> > figure out the reasons.
>
> Sometimes the MAC address is used for generated a UID (unique
> identifier), could that be the case here?

Oh ... I figured out the problem: The named error message appears if my notebook's WLan chip is turned off. Activating the WLan device will keep the itk application running ... what a strange thing.

I guess the reader/writer needs a MAC address to intantiate. When the WLan chip is deactivated the device seems to be not present. So the requeste for the MAC address fails.

How could I convince ITK to use the ethernet card instead the WLan card to retrieve a MAC address?

Marco