[Insight-users] Notes on WrapITK under Windows

Ali - saveez at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 7 09:52:58 EDT 2007

Hi,I am not sure how mature WrapITK is at the moment, however, it seems that the authors were able to, at least, make it work. I have tried to compile WrapITK under windows xp 32-bit and visual studio 2005. I am writing the compilation porblems here, if the authors help to solve these, it could be a useful reference for other people trying to do the same compilation.(1) The linker complains about the debug version of the python library. Python for windows is not shipped with the debug library, however, it can be downloaded somewhere from http://www.activestate.com .(2) Compilation with the default cmake settings takes a long-long time generating over 3 Gb of binaries. Obviously, it will take a big-big memory to load all these libraries at run time. As ITK is continuously gworing, this will get worse and worse -- perhaps it is necessary to re-design the architecture of the wrapping mechanism.(3) The compilation of finished with 122 warnings and 8 errors. the warnings are mainly C4804, possibly microsfot-related disasters, but safe to ignore. However, the errors are more concerning, I think this has been posted here before, but not resolved yet:Error    9    error C2248: 'itk::ReconstructionImageFilter<TInputImage,TOutputImage,TCompare>::EnlargeOutputRequestedRegion' : cannot access protected member declared in class 'itk::ReconstructionImageFilter<TInputImage,TOutputImage,TCompare>'    e:\dev\itk\WrapITK-bin\Modules\Morphology\wrap_itkReconstructionByErosionImageFilterPython.cxx    2888    Error    10    error C2248: 'itk::ReconstructionImageFilter<TInputImage,TOutputImage,TCompare>::EnlargeOutputRequestedRegion' : cannot access protected member declared in class 'itk::ReconstructionImageFilter<TInputImage,TOutputImage,TCompare>'    e:\dev\itk\WrapITK-bin\Modules\Morphology\wrap_itkReconstructionByErosionImageFilterPython.cxx    6154    ... and so on.