[Insight-users] Errors when compiling ITK with WrapITK on

Charl P. Botha cpbotha at cpbotha.net
Fri Aug 10 03:10:21 EDT 2007

Hi there Ali,

On 8/9/07, Ali - <saveez at hotmail.com> wrote:
> You mentioned that your binaries for a RelWithDebInfo build is only 0.5 Gb.
> I have tried this with your settings and my compilation drive, which had 3.1
> Gb free space, has exactly 0 b of free space right now. This caused the
> compilation to stop. I set the cmake configuration for for shared libraries,
> I cannot think of any other setting, am I missing something here?

I should have explained better.  My _installed_ binary directory is
only 450 MB, but the build binary directory is a whopping 5.2 GB.  :)

> I wonder if there are any benchmarks, or even clues, around comparing the
> performance of ITK binaries generated by VS and cygwin. I am considering
> eclipse-CDT + cygwin as an alternative to VS. CMake should be able to create
> a fine configuration for this alternative, however, I am not sure about the
> performance and how it is affected by the cygwin dll-wrappers.

Looks like people weren't too happy with the stability of the IDE [1].
 I couldn't find too much about the quality of the C++ compiler.  I
have to admit that after wasting a day getting a clean VS2005 + SP1
going, I'm quite happy with the thing.  Then again, I try to keep my
C++ time limited (only processor intensive stuff) and do as much as
possible in Python. :)

[1] http://minimsft.blogspot.com/2005/11/hey-shareholders-vs-2005-is-fantastic.html