[Insight-users] fast marching algorithm very time consuming?

Michal Plotkowiak michal.plotkowiak at bnc.ox.ac.uk
Mon Aug 13 07:29:47 EDT 2007

Hi,

I'm segmenting 3D data of a heart using FastMarchingImageFilter program. The
data size is 256x256x362. Every 5th slice I generate seed points (approximately
300 on a slice). My threshold time is 100 and stoping time 2000. When I ran the
simulation only for 6 slices I get good results but after about an hour. When I
tried to run the sumulation for all the slices (362) two days wasn't enough...

Has anyone some experience with FastMarching algorithm? The time needed for the
simulation seems to be far too long. Should I somehow change my approach to the
problem?

many thanks
michal

--