[Insight-users] Procedure for acquiring a 3D object from multiple 2D images

Gerhard Schillhuber schillhuber at amm.mw.tum.de
Thu Aug 16 03:35:01 EDT 2007

Hi,

I am new to image registration and also to ITK. Maybe you can help me with
solving my problem and you can give me some hints or suggestions about the
necessary computational steps.

I want to get the geometry of an object by using a simple camera mounted
on a robot. Imagine of a cube on a table and the camera is moving around
it and take serveral pictures at different positions and orientations.
What are the steps to get the cube in a 3D format (for example STL) from
the multiple 2D images? Which ITK functions should I use?
To get a STL file from a ITK spatial object I already found a help topic.

Maybe you can give some advices.

Thank you in advance.

  Gerhard