[Insight-users] About Level sets

rashed karim rashed.vtk at googlemail.com
Sun Aug 19 07:54:48 EDT 2007

Hi Everyone,

Is it possible to use the ITK level set implementations (such as Fast
marching, Geodesic, Laplacian, etc.) to drive a propogating front whose
speeds are governed by let's say two factors: 1. Gradient magnitude 2.
Frangi's vesselness. I want the propagating front to stop speeding at points
which give high responses to the vesselness filter AND have high image
gradient magnitudes.

Does ITK level set implementations allow users to define their own criterion
which limits the speed of the active contour? I have had a good look at the
ITK software guide, and it seemed like this isn't possible.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Rashed Karim