[Insight-users] One last call for help - neighborhood operator

dave common8 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 15:04:38 EDT 2007

Hello all,

I am still trying to get something to work with my neighborhood iterator.

Quick rehash: I want to extract many small neighborhoods (just 2D boxes) of
values from an input image.  I am using a texture calculator that calculates
textural characteristics from an input image, so I need the neighborhood
iterator to send an itk::Image to the calculator.

However, the only way I see to do this is to Get the current iterator's
neighborhood, and manually copy each pixel into a tempImage that I send to
the calculator.  This is quite slow and since I have to manually define each
index I need to copy, it is not generalized to an arbitrarily sized "box" of
values.

Is there a way to get an itk::Image directly from the iterator's current
neighborhood?

Again, thanks for any help.