[Insight-users] Quaternions and Euler rotations

Tib itk at fete.ch
Fri Aug 24 13:36:40 EDT 2007

Yes, it works fine. Thanks a lot !
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Blezek, Daniel J (GE, Research)
  To: Nic
  Cc: ITK
  Sent: Friday, August 24, 2007 4:57 PM
  Subject: RE: [Insight-users] Quaternions and Euler rotations

  Hi Nic,

    Here's a good quaternion tutorial: http://www.itk.org/CourseWare/Training/QuaternionsI.pdf  I think you might want to read this first.  Versors are unit quaternions, i.e., they can't represent scaling.  You can set a itk::Versor using a vnl_quaternion -- http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1Versor.html for documentation.

    From a quaternion, you can get the axis and angle as:

    RR.axis()

    RR.angle()

  http://www.lems.brown.edu/vision/vxl_doc/html/core/vnl/html/classvnl__quaternion.html