[Insight-users] statistics on two groups of image volumes

Daniel Mace dlm19 at duke.edu
Fri Aug 24 17:34:13 EDT 2007

Dennis,

I'm also not entirely sure you would like to do with the two groups of
images.  So you are looking for a filter that would take as input these
two groups of images and return... differences within the pixels
regions?, differing variability between the two groups? different
changes between regions?  There are a lot of questions that one could ask.

I'm guessing by your email extension that you would probably be
interesting in applying something along the lines of Statistical
Parameteric Mapping (or some kind of modeling on the pixel level)
between the two groups of images-- which, to my knowledge, doesn't exist
in ITK (someone chime in if I'm wrong on this one).

I'm not sure there is an exact filter that would specifically take two
groups of images and return a vector of homologous pixels.  The closest
and easiest solution would be to convert your separate images into a
VectorImage and use an iterator to extract out the vector of homologous
pixels (see ImageToVectorImageFilter (
http://www.melaneum.com/OTB/doxygen/classitk_1_1ImageToVectorImageFilter.html
), if you iterate over the output of that filter, your pixel types will
be a vector of your homologous pixels).  You'd either have to use two of
them to grab two groups of vector images, or just use one and have a
small vector that defines the groups.

Cheers,
Dan