[Insight-users] itkSymmetricEigenAnalysisImageFilter : see : "Vessel Enhancing Diffusion Filter" paper in the Insight Journal.

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Aug 27 10:13:32 EDT 2007

Hi Ruben, Jon,

If you are planning to compute pixel-wise the Hessian of the image,
you may find useful to look at the code of the recent submission
to the Insight Journal by Andinet Enquobahrie:

"Vessel Enhancing Diffusion Filter"
http://www.insight-journal.org/InsightJournalManager/view_reviews.php?back=index.php&pubid=163

The diffusion filter presented in this paper compute the Hessian and
its Eigen Analysis on a pixel by pixel basis, without requiring the
large memory of the HessianRecursiveGaussian filter.  Note however,
that there is no smoothing implied here, so , it is up to you to prepare
the input image to make sure that it doesn't have high spatial frequency
noise.