[Insight-users] fast marching algorithm very time consuming?

Won-Ki Jeong graphor at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 13:14:57 EDT 2007

Dear all

Can anyone confirm the performance of Fast Marching in ITK 3.2? I have
tested on 256^3 volume with speed 1.0 everywhere, and put a single
seed at the center of the volume. My PC is Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz
with 3G memory and winXP, and I compiled the code in release mode. I
did not set a threshold nor stopping time because I need the distance
transform. It took about 1 min on my machine, and it is not terribly
slow but seems not fast. Any comment will be appreciated.

Won-Ki