[Insight-users] ITK cswig building error. floatformat.c redefinition

Ocean Spring meancity at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 11:55:33 EDT 2007

Hello, Luis and All,

Good day, i have met some problem building ITK. since i perfer to use tcl as
wrapper language rather than C++,  it seems that i need cswig to make it
happened.

and i download the cswig from the website, and unzipped under
C:\InsightToolkit-3.2.0\Utilities\  which is my ITK source utilities folder.
my building directory i set it to C:\ITK

then
for the Cmake i enabled
**
**BUILD_SHARED_LIBRARIES
ITK_CSWIG_TCL

my tcl is decently installed  and works fine with my VTK.

OS : WindowXP,
Compiler: MSDEV 6.0(without any patches applied)

some errors returned as below and the building process stopped then.

floatformat.c
C:\InsightToolkit-3.2.0\Utilities\CableSwig\GCC\libiberty\floatformat.c(27)
: error C2371: 'memcpy' : redefinition; different basic types
C:\InsightToolkit-3.2.0\Utilities\CableSwig\GCC\libiberty\floatformat.c(28)
: error C2371: 'memset' : redefinition; different basic types
objalloc.c
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\stddef.h(71) : note
C6311: C:\InsightToolkit-3.2.0\Utilities\CableSwig\GCC\include\objalloc.h(61)
: see previous definition of 'offsetof'

i did read some messages in this mailing list. such as
http://www.itk.org/pipermail/insight-users/2004-July/009522.html
the person had some problem as i do, he was using java but mine is tcl.

then i took the advice
"adding "/Za" to the CMAKE_C_FLAGS"

and it made more pain, and loads of errors came out.

so please give me some advice to above problem.

Thank you

Yours

O.Spring