[Insight-users] really truly cleaving output from a filter's tender mercies.

Julia Smith julia.smith at ondiagnostics.com
Thu Aug 30 18:20:48 EDT 2007

I have a bit of code that (was) reusing a filter to interpolate between two 2d images. I had thought that if I Disconnect()-ed an image from it's source that the image was now fully independent of it's originating filter, but this does not seem to be the case.

While the image may no longer cause the pipeline to update, the source filter is still writing to the image's _data_ when it is updated. Hence if I generate "two" images from the same filter, each with a different mixing value, the two images point to the same data.

o_O Is it really possible to truly cleave a filter from the image it outputs, essentially forcing it to reallocate image data on a subsequent call?