[Insight-users] DicomSeriesReadImageWrite2

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Jan 2 09:05:33 EST 2007

Hi 예동해

David Clunie kindly pointed out to me the following:

> JPEG lossy (DCT) compression is limited by the JPEG standard
> to 12 bits, because of the word length precision limitations of
> the discrete cosine transformation implementation specification,
> but lossless compression should be supported for 16 bits.

Which lead to think that the warning produced by the JPEG
libraries is incorrect, or that there is something wrong
with the DICOM header of your data.

Could you please try by forcing the GDCMImageIO class to
use JPEG2000 ?

You can do this with the following call:

gdcmImageIO->SetCompressionType( itk::GDCMImageIO::JPEG2000 );

Please try this and let us know if you still receive any
warnings.