[Insight-users] FEM Registration : using a mesh specified in a .vtk format

Nicholas Tustison ntustison at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 09:53:49 EST 2007

Hi Jonathon,

You're correct in that a VTK mesh is incompatible with the FEM
registration framework.  You're also right in that you probably don't
want to change the CreateMesh method in the filter.  Unfortunately,
the ITK mesh is also not compatible with the FEM registration class
which actually defines its own mesh type internally.  I have code
written by the authors of the FEM library which will convert a VTK
mesh to a FEM-compatible mesh.  Let me know if you're interested in
receiving a copy.

Nick Tustison