[Insight-users] Image registration error

Daniel Mace dlm19 at duke.edu
Thu Jan 11 16:11:44 EST 2007

Eric,

It means that your moving image doesn't line up with any pixels in your
fixed image (i.e. you've rotated it completely off of the map).  You
need to adjust your starting parameters so that at least some of the
pixels are lined up.

It's probably easiest just to set your initial parameters to the
rotation instead of rotating beforehand (unless you are trying to
preprocess all your images for normalization).  Don't forget that in
order to rotate your moving image by 90 degrees you actually have to set
your initial rotation parameter to -90 (or -1.57, as it's in radians).
The transformation parameters are all in terms of the fixed image, and
not the moving image (e.g. a scale of 0.1 actually magnifies your moving
image by 10, and a x translation of 50 actually moves your moving image
-50 units).  This caused me a bit of confusion  starting out.

Cheers,
Dan