[Insight-users] Streaming large datasets with itk-vtk

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Jan 17 16:45:44 EST 2007

Hi Ivan,

Yes, we have been exchanging ideas with people in
the microscopy community where large datasets are
becoming a standard issue.

Note that streaming, at the very end, has to be
supported by the fileformat too. Therefore, what
probably will happen is that we will implement
support for streaming in the base ITK IO classes,
but only certain fileformat will be able to make
use of it. (not JPEG, not PNG,...)

    Regards

       Luis