[Insight-users] Level Set Segmentation

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Jan 17 16:58:37 EST 2007

Hi Maria,

1) No, currently you cannot use the ITK Level Set methods
    on multi-component images.
    We may be extending support for multi-component images
    this year, but we have not started that task.

2) I will locate level set methods along with region
    growing methods.
    Although the variants of Shape based Level Set
    probably should go with Template Models, or with
    Model-based segmentation.
    You could also say that Level Sets are an
    implementation of deformable models.