[Insight-users] Unsuccessful ITK build

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Jan 17 17:04:43 EST 2007

Hi Ann,

ITK builds fine with Visual C++ 8.0 express. You
will find a nightly build in the Dashboard for

              dash19.­kitware

Your problem seem to be related to the configuration
performed by CMake.

It is very likely that your paths are too long.

When the sources of ITK are put in directory with
long paths, the command lines that CMake prepares
for Visual Studio tend to reach the length limit
of the compiler command line arguments.

When that happens, the command line is *silently*
truncated and results on the compiler missing many
of the directories where it should look for headers.

You may want to try putting the sources of ITK in
a directory that is closer to the root of the
filesystem (e.g. C:\ITK3.0\)