[Insight-users] FEM 3D deformable registration multimodal

Nicholas Tustison ntustison at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 09:16:59 EST 2007

Hi verena,

I would start with the FEM section in the ITK software guide (although I
realize the information is sparse).  In addition, a basic understanding
of FEM would be helpful and there are countless resources for
learning the basics of FEM.  A theoretical paper discussing image
registration in the context of FEM for brain registration is available
online at

http://citeseer.ist.psu.edu/gee98numerical.html

Good luck,
Nick