[Insight-users] How to place seed points?

Wu Zheying u0303820 at nus.edu.sg
Mon Jan 29 03:40:36 EST 2007

Hi all,

this is a simple and general question, but i am getting no headway on it. Where do you place seed points if you were to segment say the blood vessels from a 3D MRI brain dataset? I am using region growing methods and have tried placing the seed points at the 'bright spots' on each slice as I believe them to be the vessel locations. I think there is no problem with my program reading the images and the parameters are fine except for the seed locations. Any advice on this?

rgds,
Zheying