[Insight-users] Registration Slice to Volume

Albert Gubern bertkrek at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 08:24:20 EDT 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to do Registration slice to volume. Firstly and to make it as
easy as possible, I extract a slice (fixedImage) of the volume 3d
(movingImage). I want the registration say me the z of the slice into the
volum 3D .

Slice is casted to volume of only one slice to have two image with the same
dimension.

typedef itk::Image<unsigned char,2> ImageType;
typedef itk::Image<float,3> FixedImageType;
typedef itk::CastImageFilter< ImageType, FixedImageType > CastFilterType2D;
caster2D->SetInput( filter->GetOutput() ); //filter->GetOutput() is the
slice 2D

Moreover, I've tried it with a TranslationTransform,
MeanSquaresImageToImageMetric and NearestNeighborInterpolateImageFunction
but I have problems with metric.

I think that this is the way to make it, but I am not sure if I have to make
a different cast or if I have to choose another metric.

I'll thank if someone can help me, say me where can be the mistake or which
metric and interpolator I have to use.

Cheers

--
Albert