[Insight-users] confused about itk::matrix in Python

Sven Prevrhal sven.prevrhal at radiology.ucsf.edu
Mon Jul 2 17:40:42 EDT 2007

Hi,

I am using wrap_itk for python bindings and want to write a vtk image data
set to Analyze format using the itk::AnalyzeIO class. Apparently AnalyzeIO
requires to have set the direction cosines of the data volume first. So I
create an itk::Matrix object with m=itk.Matrix.D33() and m.SetIdentity() and
use SetDirection() on the data. Still bombing. Also, when I do mm =
m.GetVnlMatrix(), mm.IsZero() returns True !!!

So I would like to know whether that's the best approach to use AnalyzeIO
from Python, and what the deal with itk::Matrix in Python is (my current
assumption is that the wrapper is pretty much unusable :-).

Thanks much,

Sven