[Insight-users] Re: Registration Slice to Volume

Rupert Brooks rupe.brooks at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 12:08:32 EDT 2007

Hi Albert,

To help a bit more i think we would need to know more specifically
what problems you have with the metric.

I'd say that the slice has to be the fixed image, otherwise there will
be problems computing the derivative in the direction normal to the
slice.  I'd also recommend using a different interpolator.  The
Nearest neighbor can pose problems for registration as it leads to a
very rough cost function.  A linear interpolator is also far from
ideal, but usually manages to work anyway.

Rupert B.

>Jul 2, 2007 (yesterday)
>Registration Slice to Volume
>from ITK by Albert Gubern
>Hi,
>
>I'm trying to do Registration slice to volume. Firstly and to make it
as easy as >possible, I extract a slice (fixedImage) of the volume 3d
(movingImage). I want the >registration say me the z of the slice into
the volum 3D .

>Slice is casted to volume of only one slice to have two image with
the same >dimension.

>typedef itk::Image<unsigned char,2> ImageType;
>typedef itk::Image<float,3> FixedImageType;
>typedef itk::CastImageFilter< ImageType, FixedImageType > CastFilterType2D;
>caster2D->SetInput( filter->GetOutput() ); //filter->GetOutput() is
the slice 2D

>Moreover, I've tried it with a TranslationTransform,
>MeanSquaresImageToImageMetric and
>NearestNeighborInterpolateImageFunction but I have problems with
metric.

>I think that this is the way to make it, but I am not sure if I have
to make a >different cast or if I have to choose another metric.

>I'll thank if someone can help me, say me where can be the mistake or
which >metric and interpolator I have to use.