[Insight-users] Re: Jacobian determinant image of the deformation field

Tom Vercauteren tom.vercauteren at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 03:33:53 EDT 2007

Hi Mathieu,

Just my two cents about it. I do agree with you that the current
implementation is not computing a really meaningful quantity. However,
the current name is misleading. Without adding an Id matrix, it
actually computes the Jacobian of the deformation field, but what we
usually need is the Jacobian of the spatial transformation... In my
code, I have added an itk::WarpJacobianDeterminantFilter to make
things a bit clearer.

Best,
Tom