[Insight-users] Re: surface registration

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Jul 12 08:57:14 EDT 2007

Hi Tomass,

You may want to try the Iterative Closest Point (ICP) method.

There are ITK examples in:

    Insight/Examples/Patented/
         IterativeClosestPoint1.cxx
         IterativeClosestPoint2.cxx
         IterativeClosestPoint3.cxx

Input data files for this examples are available at:

      IterativeClosestPointFixedPoints.txt
      IterativeClosestPointFixedPoints2.txt
      IterativeClosestPointMovingPoints.txt
      IterativeClosestPointMovingPoints2.txt

Note that some examples are 2D and others are 3D.