[Insight-users] ITK and Tcl

jtaclas at bidmc.harvard.edu jtaclas at bidmc.harvard.edu
Fri Jul 13 11:36:27 EDT 2007

I have been having the worst time setting up ITK and Tcl on Windows XP.  I finally managed to avoid the error

can't find package InsightToolkit
    while executing
"package require InsightToolkit"

which had been plaguing my efforts, by adjusting the environmental Variable TCLLIBPATH to include any directory I thought might help, and by using / instead of \, and spaces instead of ;.

Now I have a bit of confusion; I get the error

couldn't change working directory to "C:/ITK/Insight_BIN/bin/Release": no such file or directory
    while executing
"cd {C:/ITK/Insight_BIN/bin/Release}"
    (in namespace eval "::itk::loader" script line 3)
    invoked from within
"namespace eval ::itk::loader {
        set curDir [pwd]
        cd {C:/ITK/Insight_BIN/bin/Release}
        if {[catch { load "C:/ITK/Insight_BIN/bin/..."
    ("package ifneeded" script)
    invoked from within
"package require vxlnumericstcl 3.2"
    ("package ifneeded" script)
    invoked from within
"package require itknumerics 3.2"
    ("package ifneeded" script)
    invoked from within
"package require InsightToolkit"
    (file "ImageRegistration3.tcl" line 19)

which appears to stem from the absence of a "Release folder" in my ITK binaries 'bin' directory.  I could copy the necessary dll files from the Debug directory in that 'bin' directory, but my intuition tells me that course of action would be a band-aid solution for a problem I might benefit from having a better understanding of.