[Insight-users] Cannot build ITK for MAC OS X Tiger 64 bit

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Wed Jul 18 10:10:21 EDT 2007

On 7/10/07 2:26 PM, Alex Lisovich said:

>   Interestingly, the 64 bit build of the ITK core fails as well if
>the BUILD_TESTING is turned ON, so I quess there is some violation of
>the rules within the ITK CMakeLists hierarchy itself.
>
> *SNIP*
>
>Linking CXX executable ../../../bin/itkNumericsHeaderTest
>ld64-62.1 failed: duplicate symbol
>itk::Object::SetGlobalWarningDisplay(bool) in
>/Users/Alex/Sources/ITKCVS/Insight_built/bin/libITKCommon.a(itkObject.o)
>and /Users/Alex/Sources/ITKCVS/Insight_built/bin/libITKCommon.a(itkObject.o)

Luis, Alex,

After this thread, I updated our dashboard to build universal i386 and
ppc64.  The patch to remove Carbon/AppKit dependencies has been checked
in, and now I am seeing exactly the above link error:

<http://www.itk.org/Testing/Sites/RogueResearch2/MacOSXTiger-univ/
20070718-0100-Nightly/BuildError.html>

I've reviewed the messages in this thread, but I don't believe we ever
figured this out.  Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com