[Insight-users] some insight on analyze writing...

Julia Smith julia.smith at ondiagnostics.com
Thu Jul 19 20:43:37 EDT 2007

I get complaints from the writer about the image orientation and remember some comment about twiddling the image direction matrix around. I am assuming that analyze writer is using the matrix to define the orientation of the image.. is there a simple description of what the agreeable set of matrices are?

Like:
1 0 0
0 1 0
0 0 1

good

and
0 0 1
1 0 0
0 -1 0
BAD!

nominally the source image should be in the same order as dicom with z inferior to superior (as z -> + infinity)...