[Insight-users] par/rec

Yonas Tesfazghi Weldeselassie yonas at cs.sfu.ca
Thu Jul 19 23:00:16 EDT 2007

Hi all,

My suggestion would be to use DTI Studio until PAR/REC format is
incorporated in ITK. The good news is use DTI Studio to recostruct the
diffusion tensor and more scalar volumes such as FA, CL, CS, RA, .... and
then save them as Analyze format which can then be read in ITK and processed
smoothly. You will find ITK::DiffusionTensor3D to be very useful class of
ITK to work with DT-MRI. Last but not least in using DTI Studio for PAR/REC
format, please be aware that the PAR files from the scanner might not
contain correct parameters (gradients, angulation, imaging sequence...). You
may have a look at
http://godzilla.kennedykrieger.org/%7Ejfarrell/OTHERphilips/GUI.html to get
the right parameters.

Yonas