[Insight-users] registration consistency

Blezek, Daniel J (GE, Research) blezek at crd.ge.com
Fri Jul 20 10:59:54 EDT 2007

Hi Qing,

  To ensure deterministic behavior of the regstration framework, you
will need to seed the Mersene Twister Random number generator with the
same seed.  Otherwise it will use the current wall time.  We've gone
through great trouble to ensure that the same seed will give the same
sequence in all platforms, so you registration results will be
deterministic up to the numerical differences between platforms.

-dan