[Insight-users] Dicom read-write

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 11:57:39 EDT 2007

Rashindra,

 Thanks for describing your issue in details. Unfortunately you are
not telling us why you are trying so hard to keep the DICOM meta data
intact.
  itk::GDCMImageIO will write a valid DICOM file, from your
itk::Image. I have been adding some functionalities to create somewhat
invalid DICOM file (when using KeepOriginalUIDOn). Those functions
should only be used if you really know what you are doing.

  We could help you, if you would tell us what you were trying to do.

Thanks,
-Mathieu

On 6/2/07, Rashindra Manniesing <r.manniesing at erasmusmc.nl> wrote:

> HI,
>

> I have a question concerning  'DicomImageReadChangeHeadeWrite.cxx' (ITK
> 3.2, Example/IO directory).
>
> The program reads a dicom slice, change header information and writes a
> dicom slice. I have commented out the code responsible for changing
> header information, thus the header in/out should be exactly the same
> (should it?). This is not the case.
>
> Is that a bug or feature? And how to resolve this? Using the member
> function KeepOriginalUIDOn() of GDCMImageIO preserves some of the header
> information, but still other entries are changed, including eg
>
> (0002|0000) Group Length
> (0002|0003) Media Storage SOP Instance UID
> (0028|0101) Bits Stored = 12
>
> and many others. How to prevent this from happening?
>
> Rashindra Manniesing

Mathieu