[Insight-users] Help Request on ITK, IDL and DTI

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat Jun 9 16:58:55 EDT 2007

Hi Cemil,

    Yes,
    ITK has several filters for facilitating the
    processing of DTI images.

    In particular you may want to look at the files

            Insight/Code/BasicFilters/
       itkDiffusionTensor3DReconstructionImageFilter.h
       itkDiffusionTensor3DReconstructionImageFilter.txx
       itkTensorFractionalAnisotropyImageFilter.h
       itkTensorRelativeAnisotropyImageFilter.h

    and the associated Doxygen documentation pages:

http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1DiffusionTensor3D.html
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1DiffusionTensor3DReconstructionImageFilter.html
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1SymmetricSecondRankTensor.html
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1Functor_1_1TensorFractionalAnisotropyFunction.html
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1TensorFractionalAnisotropyImageFilter.html
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1Functor_1_1TensorRelativeAnisotropyFunction.html
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1TensorRelativeAnisotropyImageFilter.html

    You may also find interesting to look at Slicer:

        http://www.slicer.org

    In this Open Source application, many of these ITK filters
    are used as elements of processing modules.

    Regarding IDL, we are working in a new wrapping system
    that will make possible to use ITK from IDL. It should
    be available several months from now.