[Insight-users] Writing a volume

Brandon Lin brandon.lin at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 02:44:14 EDT 2007

Dear Insight experts,

First of all, I am new to this, so please bear with me.

I would like to convert a series of 2D DICOM images into a 3D volume
format.  I followed the example DicomSeriesReadImageWrite2.cxx, but I did
not know what format to write to.  I got the error message saying I did not
set the proper file suffix or set the suffix to an unsupported type.  My
question is, is there a documentation on all the 3D formats supported by ITK
and also their corresponding file extensions?  I did not see it in the ITK
manual.

Also, I'm not familiar with 3D file formats.  If I would like to export to a
format that can be commonly supported by other commercial software such as
Amira and Analyze.  What format and its extension should I use?

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Brandon