[Insight-users] Re: problem with iterative closest point registration

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Jun 10 12:39:48 EDT 2007

Hi Alireza,

If you only have four points, you could rather use the class:

         itkLandmarkBasedTransformInitializer

if you do not have the correspondence between the points, well...
this methods is so fast with only four points that you could
actually try all the combinations and settle for the one with
the smallest final squared errors.

You could also trick the Levenberg Marquardt method by providing
all the points twice. The solution should still be the same.