[Insight-users] Memory prblem: failed to allocate memory

Lars Nygard lnygard at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 12 06:11:13 EDT 2007

Hi All,

Im working on a 3D registration program for MRI images. Ive asked this question a while
ago but IM still strugling with this. My program works fine when I use versor3Drigid transform
with MattesMutualInformation, but when I change the metric to either meansquare, normalized
Correlation or Pattern Intensity, I get the same error (see below). It's located in the
imageImportContainer. Are there combinations of optimizer, transformation and metric that dont
work together? or that are better avoided.
Is there a way I can split up the process in the metric. For example first
compute a gradient image and then supply it to the metric? Any idea is welcome.
regards,
Lars Nygard
error
itk::ExceptionObject (0133FAD8)
Location: "class itk::CovariantVector<double,3> *__thiscall itk::ImportImageCont
ainer<unsigned long,class itk::CovariantVector<double,3> >::AllocateElements(uns
igned long) const"
File: c:\documents and settings\lars\desktop\insight toolkit\source\insighttoolk
it-3.2.0\code\common\itkImportImageContainer.txx
Line: 188