[Insight-users] ITK - VTK connection -- VTKImageExport+vtkImageImport vs. vtkItk vs. Auxiliary/vtk ?

Sam Preston j.sam.preston at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 16:52:30 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I'm new to ITK and VTK, and am working on a small application to apply
some ITK filters and display the results using VTK.

Looking at the 'getting started with ITK and VTK' guides, I've found
two methods for combining ITK and VTK in the InsightApplications
package, the vtkItk project and the Auxiliary/vtk project.  I've also
been looking at the code for the SNAP application, though, and it uses
the itk class VTKImageExport and the vtk class vtkImageImport.

The last method seems the best, since it doesn't rely on anything but
the core ITK and VTK packages, but is there a reason to choose one
method over the others?

Thanks,

-Sam