[Insight-users] multi threading in ITK

Ruben Schilling r.b.schilling at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 14 07:05:22 EDT 2007

Hi,

I just wondered, if anybody knew how exactly I enable multi-threading
in the multi-threading capable filters of ITK? I have seen, that
these capable filters have a SetNumberOfThreads (int t) method to
specify the number of threads. However when I set it that way and run
"top" to monitor my system on the command line I never actually saw
more than one core busy with my program (I have 2 CPUs each having 2
processor cores, that I can observe from top).

When I installed ITK in the beginning I didn't specify any special
options I am aware of. Should I have built ITK in some "multi-thread"
way, that is a non-default installation procedure? Do I have to
enable multi-threading in some other way than specifying the number
of threads I want? The software guide doesn't give much details about
this, so I hope one of you knows.

Best
Ruben