[Insight-users] a question about rigid + nonrigid registration

qing xu qingxu8 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 14 10:24:56 EDT 2007

Hello,

I have a question on how to do a rigid registration followed by a nonrigid
one. Thank you in advance.

I am currently trying to register two volumes. One volume only contains part
of the other, so I used the larger volume as fixed image and smaller volume
as the moving image.  First, I performed a rigid
registration(VersorRigid3DTransform) and then want to fine tune the
rigistration by nonrigid method (BSplineDeformableTransform). However, I do
not know how to initialize the  BSplineDeformableTransform using the
existing rigid result (VersorRigid3DTransform). Maybe I can use resample
filter to get a new moving image based on the rigid registration. But the
resampled moving image has the size of the larger volume, so some voxels do
not have resampled value and this will cause problems in further nonrigid
registration. Hope I made my questions clear.

Qing