[Insight-users] Write 3D color label map in itk and display it in Paraview

Perhavc J.Perhavc at student.tudelft.nl
Fri Jun 15 07:01:00 EDT 2007

Hi ITK users!

I created a 3D color label map, where each pixel is of type RGBA. Which file format could I use to store such map in itk and to display it correctly in Paraview? I want to display this map next to a gray scale MR image, such that when I cut a certain plane, I see the plane of MR image with label map overlayed. I need RGBA because I want some pixels to be opaque.

When I use RGB pixel type, I can write the file as .vtk and display it in Paraview (display the slice I want by using cut option and disabling MAP SCALARS option in Display window). However when I use RGBA with 4th channel for opacity of the pixel, I can’t display the map correctly (MAP SCALARS option can not be turned off and the data is scaled using color map).

I will appreciate any help you can give me!

Jernej