[Insight-users] Deformable Registration Final Parameters

Kevin Ming ming.kevin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 16:28:26 EDT 2007

Hello,

What do the 'final parameters' in a b-splines deformable registration
represent (I'm using DeformableRegistration7.cxx, revision 1.8)?  I was
under the impression that the if I were to apply those parameters to an
image via a b-splines warping algorithm (in this case,
BSplineWarping1.cxx,revision
1.11) I would be be able to get an output image from the registration.  But
this was not the case for me.

That is, if I were to register image 'Fixed' to image 'Moving' using
DeformableRegistration7.cxx, and using the final parameters from that
registration on image 'Fixed' via BSplineWarping1.cxx, I'd be able to get an
image that looks approximately similar to image 'Moving'.  Or does it work
the reverse order?  But actually I've tried both ways and was unable to
obtain what I was expecting.

Thank you,
Kevin