[Insight-users] Deformation field initialization with a rigid transform

Moti Freiman freiman at cs.huji.ac.il
Sat Jun 16 16:01:15 EDT 2007

Hi,
I'm trying to perform non-rigid registration between  2 MRI datasets, in two
phases:
First, I register them with a rigid registration, and got the rigid
transform
Then, I want to compute the deformation field between them using the demons
algorithm.
In order to avoid from sampling the original image with the rigid transform,
and preform the non-rigid registration on the sampled image, I want to
initialize the deformation field with the rigid transform.
I did not find any way to do it.
For example, in b-spline deformable registration there is a way to
initialize the b-spline transformation with a "bulk" transformation.
Also there is a way to create a deformation field from a set of
corresponding landmarks.
Is there a way to initialize a deformation field from a rigid transform
directly?
Thanks,
Moti

--