[Insight-users] Use of InputPixelType::Dimension in itkVectorGradientMagnitudeImageFilter

Dan Homerick danhomerick at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 20:53:30 EDT 2007

Hello all,

I'm using release version 3.2.0 of ITK.

I have a pipeline which reads in a set of 3 grayscale images then combines
them into a single VectorImage using ImageToVectorImageFilter. As a first
step in segmenting the image, I want to run it through the
VectorGradientMagnitudeImageFilter, which as far as I can tell expects an
Image< Vector< PixelType, VectorDimension >, ImageDimension > as it's first
template parameter.

When I give the VectorGradientMagnitudeImageFilter my VectorImageType as the
first template parameter, it gives the following errors:

line 171: /usr/local/InsightToolkit-3.2.0/Code/BasicFilters/itkVectorGradientMagnitudeImageFilter.h
'Dimension' is not a member of 'itk::VariableLengthVector<unsigned char>'
line 39: /usr/local/Insline 39ightToolkit-3.2.0/Code/Common/itkFixedArray.h
'Dimension' is not a member of 'itk::VariableLengthVector<unsigned char>'

I assume these Dimension errors are because a VectorImage uses a
VariableLengthArray instead of the fixedarray that it was expecting.

Is there a way to make these two filters work with each other? Should I be
doing the grayscale images to vector image conversion a different way?

Cheers,
 - Dan