[Insight-users] Dicom Synthetic Image

Dudnik, Polina (GE Healthcare) Polina.Dudnik at ge.com
Wed Jun 20 15:02:44 EDT 2007

Hi everyone! I am trying to create a synthetic DICOM image. What I do is
I create a matrix of pixels in HU units, so if the pixel value is 0, I
know it is water, and say tungsten is -800. Then I call dicomwrite on
this matrix like this dicomwrite(myMatrix, 'output.dcm'). Then when I
read 'output.dcm' I get a matrix of values, all of them equal to 65535.
I don't know for sure why that happens. If anyone knows why this happens
and how I should make a dicom image out of my matrix, please help. Thank
you!