[Insight-users] RE : Trouble with "DicomSeriesReadImageWrite2.cxx"

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 13:44:26 EDT 2007

Hi Philippe,

  Could you please run the following command:

$ ./bin/DicomImageReadPrintTags /full/path/to/one/of/your/dicom/file

  And send us the *complete* result on one file from your Series. What
I am looking for especially are those fields:

(0028|0100) Bits Allocated = ??
(0028|0101) Bits Stored = ??
(0028|0102) High Bit = ??
(0028|0103) Pixel Representation = ??

Thanks
-Mathieu

On 6/21/07, gatts gatsu <g4tts at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, sorry to make this fast a second post : I take back what I said about
> the unsigned char : it also gives a bad result.
> Whatever I use give a bad result.
> Does anyone have any ideas?
>
> Regards,
>
> Philippe
>
> >Hi,
> >I have trouble using the DicomSeriesReadImageWrite2.cxx program.
> >It's not that I can't start it.
> >It's just giving a very bad result when I use it with types other than
> >unsigned char.
> >(It gives weird colors and it's horrible in paraview)
> >Unsigned char gives an okay result but I would like a better precision.
> >The starting series are all 16 bits DICOMS so I don't understand the bad
> >results when  I >use "short " I have a few series and the result is the
> >same on all of them.
>
> >Does anyone know where the problem comes from ?
>
> >Thank you in advance,
>
> >Regards,
>
> >Philippe

Mathieu