[Insight-users] Matrix-valued Image

innersmile innersmile0790 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 01:30:38 EDT 2007

Hi,
     Does the current version of ITK support
reading/writing matrix-valued images? I noticed
that in the itkImageIOBase there are symmetric
second rank tensors and diffusion tensors.
But they are all symmetric matrices.  What
I want are 2x2, 3x3 full matrices, for example,
the current DeformationFieldJacobian program
in the Example/Registration only saves the
determinants of the Jacobian field, but what I
want is the field of the full Jacobian matrices.
I think it would be much more convenient
if the next update of ITK could allow the reading/writing
of such images, at least for 2x2 and 3x3 matrices.

Thanks!