[Insight-users] Error in filter updating.

Francisco José Cadaval Arrola francadaval at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 05:15:36 EDT 2007

Hi all. It's my first post. Excuse me for my bad English.

I'm trying to apply segmentation to a 3D Image (of course a set of 2D
images). In this code smoothing is odf type CurvatureFlowImageFilter and
connectedThreshold of type ConnectedThresholdImageFilter.

    smoothing->SetInput( m_inputImage );
    connectedThreshold->SetInput( smoothing->GetOutput() );

    smoothing->SetNumberOfIterations( numberOfIterations );
    smoothing->SetTimeStep( timeStep );

    connectedThreshold->SetLower( lowerThreshold );
    connectedThreshold->SetUpper( upperThreshold );
    connectedThreshold->SetReplaceValue( replaceValue );
    connectedThreshold->SetSeed( index );

    try
    {
        connectedThreshold->Update();
    }
    catch( itk::ExceptionObject &exc )
    {}

The problem is that when m_inputImage is 512x512x20 (20 images with a size
of 512x512) the filtering works without any problem but when I try to use it
with a set of 70 images (for example) the output of connectedThreshold has a
NULL buffer (while output of smoothing is ok) without any exception at
updating. The system memory is enough to manage this amount of data. I tried
to apply just one of the filters and it works ok.

Can you help me? Thanks.