[Insight-users] Using ITK with unicode character set

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Fri Jun 29 13:12:07 EDT 2007

On 6/28/07 1:28 PM, Sébastien Fricker said:

>Is it possible to use ITK with unicode character set?
>
>Currently I installed ITK and use it with Visual Studio 8.
>

>I use the following function:
>
>Itk:ImageFileReader::SetFileName(const char* _arg), where _arg uses ASCII
>character set.

Why do you assume that?  Of course, you have to assume something because
the ITK documentation does not say which character encoding to pass (it
really really should, please file a bug)!  Which character encodings
have you tried?  Just because it it typed as 'char*' does _not_ mean it
expects ASCII.

>ITK does not seem to provide the TCHAR mechanism for Unicode compatibility.

Never heard of TCHAR, sorry....

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com