[Insight-users] Bug in CMakeLists.txt for vxl libs

Karthik Krishnan karthik.krishnan at kitware.com
Wed Mar 7 13:50:43 EST 2007

Thanks for locating this.

On 3/7/07, Mike Jackson <imikejackson at gmail.com> wrote:

> InsightToolkit-3.0.1/Utilities/vxl/config/cmake/config/CMakeLists.txt
>
> There is a section in the above file that checks for the math library:
> IF(UNIX)
>    SET(CMAKE_REQUIRED_LIBRARIES "${CMAKE_REQUIRED_LIBRARIES};m")
> ENDIF(UNIX)
>
> Although generally true, using the latest Intel compiler on OS X
> (9.1.036) will add Intel's own libimf.a for math functions. Is there
> a way to detect that the Intel Compiler is being used and not run
> this section of cmake code?

   IF(CMAKE_C_COMPILER MATCHES "icc")
     # c compiler is icc

   IF(CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER MATCHES "icpc")
     # c++ compiler is icc

I don't know if you need to add a few OsX version check or icc version
checks or both in there too..

  ie.
Is this specific to the Intel math library, libmf version 9.1
and/or Is it specifc to the Intel math lib libmf on OsX
and/or Is it specifc to the Intel math lib libmf on OsX Tiger ??

Nobody I guess has really tried building with the intel compiler on OsX. ICC
in itself has very few users.

karthik

or am I missing something completely?

> --